If you’re like most of the servers and staff here at Murphy’s Diner, you don’t need all that much of an excuse to eat breakfast for dinner. Let’s face it, there’s a reason they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day – and it has nothing to do with nutrition or metabolism or any of that muckety-muck. It’s because …. bacon. Bacon should never be restricted to just one meal of the day, unless that meal is all day breakfast. Regardless, as Manchester’s favorite local restaurant, we believe that breakfast should be enjoyed at either sunup or sundown. Here’s why:
- The indulgence that is french toast. Dripping with butter and maple syrup and dusted with just enough powdered sugar to make you feel like a kid again, nobody should ever pass up the chance to enjoy the simple elegance of french toast for dinner.
- The economic value of a complete breakfast. Eggs, hash browns, toast. They all combine to make for a mouth-watering dinner for less than $10. You can’t beat that with a stick.
- The chance to add whipped cream to dinner and not get sneers. A Belgian waffle is only made all the better with a generous helping of whipped cream. You can always tell yourself that it serves as both dinner and dessert if you start to feel guilty half-way through.
- The bacon. We’ve said it once, we’ll say it again. Give yourself an excuse to indulge in the sinful goodness of salted pork by having breakfast for dinner. Move beyond the bits that you find in your dinner salad (if you’re lucky); bacon strips belong next to a stack of pancakes or alongside your favorite omelette. Or by their glorious self. But…. bacon.
- The variety of choices. Whether you prefer the savory goodness of Eggs Benedict or the sweet indulgence of a stack of pancakes or french toast dripping in maple syrup, breakfast for dinner offers a delicious bounty of choices for everyone.